Good Morning & Happy the day After the 4th of July. I remember years ago there was a Broadway play starring Christopher Reeve titled ‘ The 5th of July’. it was a bit of a black comedy about family. So that being said, I have a few picks that I think would be fun and they are all under $10! Take a gander:
1. Salsa in Vitruvian Park with Havana NRG. Pullout your dancing shoes (or flip flops) and dance to some super hot tunes played by the ever so popular Havana NRG. Spread out a blanket, bring along a basket, and this is totally Family Friendly. Starts at 7 pm with Salsa lessons, ends at 10 pm so they can continue the after party at Gloria’s in Addison. FREE and Free parking is available
2. Blues Musician Paul Byrd is performing at Babb’s Brother’s BBQ in Trinity Groves. No, he isn’t any relation to me 😉 But he does know how to rock out some tunes. Party starts at 7 pm, No cover, free parking, family friendly venue.
3. Target First Saturday at the Nasher Sculpture Center – Doors opened at 10 am this morning and will close at 5 pm. Kids activities will be going on all day until 2 pm. Free Admission, but you cannot bring in any outside food or drink into the center. Food trucks will be nearby at the Klyde Warren Park. Metered street parking is available as well as pay lot parking for $5
4. White Rock Local Market – Going on until 1 pm at the Lakeside Drive location. Plenty of Local organic produce, baked goods, lots of crafts. Free Parking
5. Dallas Zoo DART Discount – Go to the DART website and download the App to buy special discounted Zoo admission for $8. Go early and stay late for the Safari Nights Concert Series. Tonight’s Band is the Beatles Tribute band – Hard Day’s Night. Concert starts at 7 pm to 9 pm
Angelika Film Center @ Mockingbird Station is showing Coming To America for tonight’s After Hours Film. Ticket’s are $7 and show starts at 11:30 pm. Free Parking.
Yes, the Holidays are for celebrating with friends and family…but it’s also for good eating. I love to eat. I’ve made no secret of that. Here are 5 places that are my picks:
1. Cafe Madrid – Our Catalan friends will be firing u p the grill and getting Tapas and Paella going all day. 11:30 am – midnight tonight. Parking is limited
2. Urban Acres is open from 8 am – 6 pm with some special 4th of July treats – (all delicious I’m sure
3. Bolsa Restaurant is open from 4:30 pm to 11 pm with Happy Hour from 4 pm – 7pm
4. Oddfellows Cafe in Bishop Arts will be serving Brunch until 4 pm today.
5. Babb’s Brothers BBQ in Trinity Groves is celebrating the 4th with BBQ (as usual) and some music featuring the Open Carry Guitar Rally starting at 6 pm – No Cover, Free Parking
I hope this note finds everyone happy and well. There’s a lot going on today! I’m planning on keeping it low key, but here’s a 5 of my suggestions:
1. Fair Park Fourth – Fair Park will be having Bands, Food Trucks, and Fireworks today. Free Admission, DART accessible, free and pay lot parking available. My recommendation is to get there early, bring plenty of water, wear comfy shoes. Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm.
2. Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Celebration – This is always held at Billy Bob’s Texas in Ft. Worth. Get there early if you want a good spot. This is an all day celebration. Tickets start at $20
3. Dallas Heritage Village This is another under utilized gem in East Dallas. It’s 2 acres of Historic structures from all over Texas. Quite a few from Dallas proper. They will be having an “Old Fashioned Fourth” and the “Greatest Little Carnival on Earth”. Gates open at 11 am, Tickets range from Free to $10. Parking is quite plentiful.
4. Dallas Wind Symphony performing at the Dallas Arboretum – In addition to the wind Symphony performing, there will be plenty of Children’s activities. The Gardens will be open all day with General Admission at $5. get here early since parking is limited.
5. And If you want Air conditioning : The Dallas Museum of Art & the Crow Collection of Asian Art is open from 10 am to 5 pm today with plenty of Children’s activities. FREE