Yes, the Holidays are for celebrating with friends and family…but it’s also for good eating. I love to eat. I’ve made no secret of that. Here are 5 places that are my picks:
1. Cafe Madrid – Our Catalan friends will be firing u p the grill and getting Tapas and Paella going all day. 11:30 am – midnight tonight. Parking is limited
2. Urban Acres is open from 8 am – 6 pm with some special 4th of July treats – (all delicious I’m sure
3. Bolsa Restaurant is open from 4:30 pm to 11 pm with Happy Hour from 4 pm – 7pm
4. Oddfellows Cafe in Bishop Arts will be serving Brunch until 4 pm today.
5. Babb’s Brothers BBQ in Trinity Groves is celebrating the 4th with BBQ (as usual) and some music featuring the Open Carry Guitar Rally starting at 6 pm – No Cover, Free Parking
I hope this note finds everyone happy and well. There’s a lot going on today! I’m planning on keeping it low key, but here’s a 5 of my suggestions:
1. Fair Park Fourth – Fair Park will be having Bands, Food Trucks, and Fireworks today. Free Admission, DART accessible, free and pay lot parking available. My recommendation is to get there early, bring plenty of water, wear comfy shoes. Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm.
2. Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Celebration – This is always held at Billy Bob’s Texas in Ft. Worth. Get there early if you want a good spot. This is an all day celebration. Tickets start at $20
3. Dallas Heritage Village This is another under utilized gem in East Dallas. It’s 2 acres of Historic structures from all over Texas. Quite a few from Dallas proper. They will be having an “Old Fashioned Fourth” and the “Greatest Little Carnival on Earth”. Gates open at 11 am, Tickets range from Free to $10. Parking is quite plentiful.
4. Dallas Wind Symphony performing at the Dallas Arboretum – In addition to the wind Symphony performing, there will be plenty of Children’s activities. The Gardens will be open all day with General Admission at $5. get here early since parking is limited.
5. And If you want Air conditioning : The Dallas Museum of Art & the Crow Collection of Asian Art is open from 10 am to 5 pm today with plenty of Children’s activities. FREE