My friends, Paul & Peter, and I went out today to celebrate Paul’s birthday. Don’t ask him his age, he’s cryptic about it. But afterwards we went to do one of his favorite things, which is thrift store shopping. It’s where he gets to satisfy his love of gadgets on the cheap.
I’m ashamed to say that I’ve never really delved into the activity – and I LOVE a bargain! TJ Maxx might as well have a parking space set aside just for me (and my Mother).
So, this was especially fun to see racks upon racks of new (and practically new) duds for $10 and under. And I mean really good stuff. I foresee a problem.Below is a quick clip from our visit. Thanks Paul.
Place – Genesis Thrift Store
Credit Cards Welcome
Good Morning & Happy the day After the 4th of July. I remember years ago there was a Broadway play starring Christopher Reeve titled ‘ The 5th of July’. it was a bit of a black comedy about family. So that being said, I have a few picks that I think would be fun and they are all under $10! Take a gander:
1. Salsa in Vitruvian Park with Havana NRG. Pullout your dancing shoes (or flip flops) and dance to some super hot tunes played by the ever so popular Havana NRG. Spread out a blanket, bring along a basket, and this is totally Family Friendly. Starts at 7 pm with Salsa lessons, ends at 10 pm so they can continue the after party at Gloria’s in Addison. FREE and Free parking is available
2. Blues Musician Paul Byrd is performing at Babb’s Brother’s BBQ in Trinity Groves. No, he isn’t any relation to me 😉 But he does know how to rock out some tunes. Party starts at 7 pm, No cover, free parking, family friendly venue.
3. Target First Saturday at the Nasher Sculpture Center – Doors opened at 10 am this morning and will close at 5 pm. Kids activities will be going on all day until 2 pm. Free Admission, but you cannot bring in any outside food or drink into the center. Food trucks will be nearby at the Klyde Warren Park. Metered street parking is available as well as pay lot parking for $5
4. White Rock Local Market – Going on until 1 pm at the Lakeside Drive location. Plenty of Local organic produce, baked goods, lots of crafts. Free Parking
5. Dallas Zoo DART Discount – Go to the DART website and download the App to buy special discounted Zoo admission for $8. Go early and stay late for the Safari Nights Concert Series. Tonight’s Band is the Beatles Tribute band – Hard Day’s Night. Concert starts at 7 pm to 9 pm
Angelika Film Center @ Mockingbird Station is showing Coming To America for tonight’s After Hours Film. Ticket’s are $7 and show starts at 11:30 pm. Free Parking.